Our Adoption From Kazakhstan

Friday, June 29, 2007

Grandma Meets Olivia




Well, David made it home just fine last week. He said he wasn't feeling great at first, but is doing better now. I did OK without him here, but I missed him. There were some boring times, but I felt safe and tried to keep myself busy with the other moms who are staying. I did continue to visit Olivia every day. She looked at me like, "Where is that big guy with the glasses?"


Last night, mom got here at about 11 pm and I was so happy to see her. We visited Olivia today and it was love at first sight. Here are some pictures of them playing. We just had lunch and we're going for our first walk. That is always an adventure here because of the traffic and the way people drive.


Thanks for your messages and responses. You can ask questions too and I'll try to address them in my writing. Sometimes I'm not sure what to say. Also, please put your name on you post because I can't always tell who has written.


9 Comments:

Blogger Marc Jenkins said...

Good job Angie, first Olivia has to get used to Waldo and now old maid. Wait till she sees my nose, then shell really get confused.

Im really happy for you. Its about time you got a baby. We're all almost as happy as you and David are. When I first heard I woke up and gave one of those fist pumps.

Ill call you when you get back.

8:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pictures of grandma meeting Olivia she doesn't look bad for the long trip. Can't wait for you'll to get back so we can meet the new additon to the family. Love to all of you. Aunt Betty

8:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Angie,

So Sweet!!! I love the pictures of Olivia with your mom. You can't tell who is beaming more!!
love,
Julie

11:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the pictures of Olivia with your mom. Glad that David arrived home safely - how much longer until we can know the same for you? Seems like you have been gone for ages. We are ready to meet Olivia! You contiue to be in our thoughts and prayers.

The Harpers

11:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! We are so excited for you guys. We can't wait to meet Olivia and to have you all back home. It was good to see David at church. We were all looking at the pictures instead of listening to the lesson. OOPS!! HA!HA! When do you think you will be coming home?
We pray for you daily. God bless!!!
Tracey & Mike

4:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Angie,
I am so glad that things are FINAL!!! Congratulations. I'm glad your mom is there with you now. How much longer do you have to stay?

6:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there hope things are going well Butch ate dinner with us on the 4th and said Frances needed some new slacks a size smaller in that case we thought maybe he should have made the trip with her. Looking forward to seeing you'll soon picked up something for Olivia's room hope you will like it. LOL to all Aunt
Betty

7:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angie, Your mom looks like she is having the time of her life. I'm glad David made it home safe. We can't wait to see you and meet Olivia. Noreen

4:37 PM  
Blogger Tanya said...

We get happier every time we think about you. I can't imagine how special the moments are that you have Olivia - just imagine what it will be like in Virginia when you have her all to yourself ALL DAY LONG! Except for the floods of freinds and relatives who can't wait to meet her. . . When will you get back? Love and hugs to you! Tanya and family

4:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home